Sunday, January 18, 2009

Are we continuing the 'Will to Disbelieve?'

I am completely amazed by the continual 'finding out' of pioneers in the birth control or abortion platform that have done a 180 in light of empirical evidence, personal experience, or spiritual conversion (or all of the above) and have left these horrid, inhumane ideas by the wayside.
Yet another brave soul steps up and takes responsibility for his role in this frightening plague on the meaning of personhood.
Click here for the article.

5 comments:

meropa said...

"...this frightening plague on the meaning of personhood."

So if I end up not having a child, my entire role as a human is null and void?

e said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. You must have misread what was written. "This frightening plague" is the understanding of a human person as a disposable burden or property. Making the decision to not, or just not being able to, have children doesn't mean you hold these unfortunate beliefs, as I am sure you don't. They are not related and I am not implying that they are.

meropa said...

Yes, I read that in a different way. I read it as choosing not to have kids is the "plague". Whooopsie.

e said...

Surely, you know me better than that after, what, like 22 years!?! :)

meropa said...

I wasn't sure. My brain doesn't work so well sometimes.