Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jesus Washes Peter's Feet by Ford Madox Brown


I love this painting-- just thought I'd share. When we buy our home, I'm going to have a print framed and placed in our "bathroom." (I'm hoping that we can build our own house and if that's the case, then I would have a "water closet" separate from the bathing area...) Not that you necessarily care to know, it's just an example of what I daydream about during mundane household chores... "yes, I'd have a room for bathing, which would be separate room from the toilet, and a bidet would be cool, and a smaller scaled toilet for toddlers, but that might look funny having three toilets..."
All that aside, I think one of my favorite aspects of this painting is the expression held by Peter. I too am confounded by the beautiful paradox of our Lord being both almighty and the most blessed servant.

No comments: