Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Family Menu


I've had a hard time since, like, For Ever planning meals for my family. My newest plan is to have days assigned for certain ethnic flavors, such as Mediterranean Mondays, (which would include Falafel, Hummus, Lentils,) TexMex Tuesdays, (Burritos, Enchiladas, or Tacos with rice), Thai Thursdays, (Veggies, Tofu, Rice with curry sauce,) and Fish Fridays, (Tuna Melts, Fish Tacos...) FYI: The Church did not just do away with abstaining from meat on Fridays; it simply suggested that you could perform an act of Charity in lieu of eating fish. So I prefer to stick to eating fish in case it's hard for me to be charitable that day or I forget. :)
If someone can help with a theme for Wednesday, I'd be much obliged. I've gotta throw [Italian] pasta in there somehow. I also like making Lo Mein. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

meropa said...

How about a "Whatever Wednesday"? That way you can throw in the things that don't fit.

e said...

That's a good idea... that way it can really be "Leftover Wednesday," too... but I could never call it that or Ray wouldn't eat it!

Raymond Lindholm said...

Once again...unfair!

Anonymous said...

Welsh Wednesdays. What do the Welsh eat? Love, Jenny Rae