Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Banana & Mayo Sandwich


It's been awhile since I've posted about some delicious food I enjoy. Today I had a banana and mayonnaise sandwich. Now, this picture isn't really accurate because the best banana and mayonnaise sandwich is with white bread, (and I think this is a peanut butter and banana sandwich anyway... I couldn't find one w/out...) I love these things. I don't even remember where I first had one, but it has stuck with me. There's something about the softness of the bread and the creaminess of the banana that is quite a treat! Ray thinks they are "DISSGUSTING" [sic] and that "banana + sandwich = gag." What do you think?

5 comments:

meropa said...

Girl, you keepin' it real Southside up in here. I haven't had a banana & mayo sammich in years. Mmmmm!

Dr J said...

How do you know that Ray thinks they are "dissgusting" [sic] and not "disgusting"? Did he spell it for you, or hiss as he said it?

e said...

Ray and I were IMing at the time I was writing this entry. He might of typed DISS-GUSTING or DISSgusting; either way, the misspelling was out of emphasis and not out of lack of knowledge on how to spell the word, in order to clarify so that I not be mistakenly accused of libel... I don't want Ray to sue me...

Anonymous said...

NASTY!!!! --Love ya, Jenny Rae

Barbara said...

I can't believe you do not remember who served you, your first banana sandwich. Cold Kraft mayonaise spread on two slices of soft white Sunbeam bread. Then thick slices of fresh, creamy Chiquita bananas placed just so, in between the two slices of white bread. And of course you had to have your glass of ice cold milk to go with it. It was me, your Mom!
How soon we forget, but not me. I will always remember when you were that tiny little girl, sitting in your highchair eating what ever I made for you. One of the most warm, satisfying feelings in the world, is when a mother watches her child enjoying the food that she made for them. I Love You,
Love Mom.