Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Glenn Miller Story


I borrowed this movie from Leslie and had to watch it in several installments at night while I did laundry. I'm surprised that I hadn't heard of this movie before. I adore his music (for listening or dancing!). I was even able to attend a Glenn Miller Orchestra function (with Tejada) out in Athens and, being a naive college girl, was uncompletely underdressed.
It is very charming and, of course, has a great soundtrack! It is a little slow, but an interesting biopic nonetheless. I love earlier films-- much classier!
The wardrobe was great, too. I wish I could always wear tea-length dresses and small white gloves.
The Glenn Miller Orchestra performs every year at Grove Park Inn in Asheville. Ray and I want to make it up there for our own 1940's weekend...

No comments: