Saturday, September 22, 2007

Mongolian Ping Pong


I thought I could keep track of the movies I get to see via this site as well. I'm in the process of making Tuna Casserole, so this will be short. The kids get cranky when they're hungry.
So I recently saw Mongolian Ping Pong and I enjoyed it. I would recommend this film, particularly if you are acquainted with young boys.
There are breath-taking landscapes and the film appears to be just of moving photographs. (Though I was a little distracted at the speed of film they used. It's not the usual cinematic film.)
It has a charming quality that is created by the use of indirect allusions that is characteristic of pastoral Asian culture.
Unfortunately, I watched this movie while the kids were up and moving around so I missed some pieces, so I would definitely watch it again if anyone is interested!

No comments: