Sunday, September 23, 2007

A first time for everything


Did you know that most people eat chicken skin? This is news to me. Ray thinks it's funny that I 1) don't eat the skin and 2) didn't think that anyone else did either. (Guess the world is made up of more than just me and Reagan...)
So tonight, for the first time, I tasted the skin of my chicken breast. Brendan grilled a fabulous chicken so it was the most opportune time to try. And I have to say it wasn't bad. It wasn't as good as bacon, of course. There is a lot of flavor in the skin but the texture is a turn-off. I think I'll stick to peeling it back and discarding it on the side of my plate.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have NEVER eaten the skin on a chicken the very idea makes me shudder. I must confess that I haven't eaten meat on the bone either. Glad to know I'm not the only one.